Because I like to do a variety of workouts at a variety of gyms, it’s important for me to have all of my necessities available. The gym bag that I am currently in love with is a Lug bag that I found while visiting New Smyrna Beach, FL last week. I love it because it has a variety of pockets, can be wiped clean, and has a ventilated shoe compartment. (I always wear a pair and pack a pair because I never know if I’ll need cross trainers or lifting shoes.) The bag is stuffed right now because it has a full set of clothes in it for a post-work workout:
Inside the bag:
- Compression running socks. I keep these for the days when I’m wearing shorts, and an unexpected run enters the workout. Otherwise, I wear long workout pants and medical-grade compression socks.
- Shower Pill- great wipes for a quick post-workout freshening. They are no substitute for a shower, and I could never return to work after using just these, but they work for being fresh enough to run an errand or two.
- Arm band for my iPod touch. An iPhone can fit if the case is removed.
- Moleskine notebook and pen for jotting down times, weights, reps, etc. until I can log the info electronically.
- Rogue jump rope to practice my double unders.
- Sachet to keep the bag smelling fresh.
- Polar heart rate monitor- Let’s me know that I’m not really dying.
- Gaiam microfiber towel. Highly absorbent and makes a good layer of protection between a mat and my hair.
- Zumba jingle bracelets. Just because.
- Wrist straps for lifting. I try not to use these unless I have to.
- Hemp pouch for odds and ends such as mints, nail file, deodorant, lotion, and other supplies.
Love Zumba jingle bracelets!!!
And thank for the idea of putting something in my bag to make it smell better. I never thought to do that oddly!
I find that dryer sheets work well too, but they don’t last as long.