This recipe is easily paleofied or veganized. The only “required” ingredients are nut butter, egg (or replacer), and a source of sweetness.
- 1 cup almond butter
- 1 egg (or the equivalent of egg replacer for the vegan version)
- 1/2 cup honey, sugar, or sucanat (I intentionally make mine less sweet-sometimes using only 1/3 cup. When fixing these for others, I’ve used up to 1 cup of sugar, and they’ve been very tasty and popular.)
- 1/3 cup mini semi-sweet chocolate chips or carob chips (Using the smaller chips makes it seem like there’s more chocolate.)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/3 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- almond flour- just enough to make the batter cohesive, approx 1/4 cup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix above ingredients
- Using a cookie scoop, place cookies on cookie tray.
- Bake for approx. 8 minutes.
- Let cookies cool, remove from tray, and enjoy.
Makes a baker’s dozen.